Welcome to another edition of Songsalive! Songnotes > our newsletter for everything you need to know about the craft and business of songwriting. We are thinking about our ❤️Songsalive! Nation ❤️ to see how you are doing during these unprecedented times. In this newsletter
- we have 4 great Songshop leads - pitch your songs to our publisher friends - who said you can't make money as a songwriter sheltered-in-place? $$$$$$.
- Also THIS SUNDAY we have a rockin' awesome VIRTUAL Song Sessions - come with your songs to gain feedback and meet other songwriters from around the world in the comfort of your own livingroom. Details below
- And The Winners Are.... Top Songsalive! Members with the most engagement in Backstage.... below!
Since our inception in 1997 we have always been committed to offering a global stage and support space for our songwriters. Virtual/Online community has been a strong part of what we do, and we want to continue to do this in a big way.
As a continual to support the current climate of social distancing and our community support the reduction of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we continue to cancel any in-person events for May. Instead we are expanding our ways to bring us all together through our virtual programs and platforms.
If you are interested in attending our virtual events,
1. we have scheduled a FREE online/virtual Song Sessions Event with song critique and a guest speaker THIS Sunday May 3rd. Details of the virtual Songsalive! Song Sessions event
2. We continue to bring our songwriters and composers virtually together for community, learning and collaboration and no better time than to congregate (safely from home) so we can feel 'united'. Let's unite through Music! We're posting daily with each other - Stay connected backstage: https://members.songsalive.org.
3. We continue to provide an exclusive opportunity to our newsletter readers our membership rate at 1/4 of the cost (only $25/yr for new songwriters) to help those financially limited but want to stay connected within our awesome Songsalive! Nation. We want to be there for you, so we've made it possible for you to be with us.
Join at our special $25/yr membership today
Upcoming Songsalive! Virtual Event this Sunday May 3rd
The Songsalive! Song Sessions - Virtual Event
On Sunday May 3rd, 10am PST Songsalive! continues their 20 year success of advancing songwriters and composers worldwide. Are you a songwriter willing to take your songs to the next level? Workshop your songs to be the best they can be, to showcase them to the world. THIS EVENT IS A VIRTUAL EVENT! Attend in the comfort of your home.
Hosted by the Songsalive! Team, Gilli Moon, Rik Lawrence and Rod O'Riley , The Songsalive! Song Sessions are open to our Members worldwide and is open to songwriters, composers, lyricists and music creators of original music. The first part - Song Critique Session - focuses on in-the-round song critique where Songsalive!, the special music industry guest speaker in attendance, and each other provide feedback and positive critique, sharing insights on how to take your song to the next level. See below on how to prepare.
The second part - Music Industry Discussion about Collaborating Virtually in these uncertain times
Come ready with your songs for feedback and create long lasting relationships in the songwriting community. Songsalive! is your songwriters squad!
COST: Free for Songsalive! Members.
RSVPs and details are only available at Songsalive! Backstage for Members
JOIN AS A MEMBER
at our special current offer of $25/yr and attend all our events for free
==>More on the Songsalive! calendar<==
We’re looking for great songs and songwriters to fill some pitches. Here's a taste of what's backstage...
Log In and pitch your songs
Songshare - Get Constructive Feedback On Your Songs
❤️🔥Create a new POST backstage
with your most recently written song
- include lyrics and a link to listen + write what kind of feedback you are needing - and our Community will Comment on the post with your feedback and critique.
Songsalive! Songcraft - The Art Of Collaboration - Pamela Phillips Oland
New 🎬Video Available for YOU 🎉
Learn about 'The Fine Art Of Collaboration' through our latest Songsalive! Songcraft Video, available online in our Backstage, where you can watch at your own time, at your own pace in your living room.
Pamela Phillips Oland, who recently shared her know-how at a Songsalive! Workshop.
- Getting the most out of collaboration
- How to work with someone and not feel you’re being overpowered
- Allowing your collaborator thinking room
We've captured her talk on video for our members wherever you are in the world, where you can watch it on demand in your own time, at your own pace.
About Pamela Phillips Oland
3-time Grammy-nominated - Over 500 songs recorded in the U.S.A. and worldwide, including lyrics for Aretha Franklin & The Four Tops, Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston & Jermaine Jackson’s “Nobody Loves Me Like You Do,” Anne Murray, Howie Dorough & Sarah Geronimo, Philip Bailey, Earth Wind & Fire, Gladys Knight, Reba McIntyre, Peabo Bryson, The Jacksons, Engelbert Humperdinck, Dolly Dots, Dusty Springfield, The Crusaders, The Whispers, The Brothers Johnson, Selena, and more. TV and Film credits: The Sopranos, Coming to America, 102 Dalmatians, Burglar, J*A*G, Xena Warrior Princess, Gideon, and more. She has given multiple seminars on songwriting, including at Carnegie Hall, in Australia and Finland, and at music conservatories around Denmark. She taught her craft for 8 years at UCLA, and was part of the historic “Music Speaks Louder Than Words” event--the first ever creative exchange between US and Soviet songwriters and artists, in Moscow and Leningrad. Books: The Art of Writing Great Lyrics and The Art of Writing Love Songs. Musicals in dev: "Chick,” “Wonder” (a Stevie Wonder musical) and “Touch Me, a Rock Show”. Her musical “Soldier of Orange” is in its 9th sold-out year in Holland, with almost 3 million tickets sold.
Watch Backstage Now
Members of the month
Top members of April - Continuing in the tradition of calling out our Members who achieve the highest engagement in our Backstage are, ..... drum roll....
Keep up the great community engagement
You could land here if you regularly visit our Songsalive! backstage and engage with your fellow songwriters.
Welcome New Songsalive! Members
Join at our special $25/yr membership today - save $75 :) :) We Love You All
and of course, our Members Backstage
(web and a mobile app)